I am joining Remote to help create more remote employment opportunities. Working at GitLab remotely was great for me and my family, and demonstrated to me the advantages of remote organisations. I would like more people to have this freedom, and I am excited to join a team of people with the same ambition.
Personally, remote work allowed me to:
- live where my wife had the best job opportunities,
- visit her when working abroad for short-term contracts,
- return to Australia to raise children close to our parents, and to
- work (and become friends) with wonderful people from all over the world.
Job (CEO, Remote), in his blog post I’m leaving GitLab to help everyone work remotely, writes why remote work is good for business:
- Focus on merit, not the number of hours spent in the office,
- Everything is written down, improving communication and efficiency, and
- Hire the best people, wherever they are in the world.
If you’d like to learn more about remote work check out Remote and GitLab’s guide to remote work.